pilatusROI Release Notes
Release 1-6 (3-Feb-2009)
- Notice that this module will no longer be supported, users should convert
to the areaDetector
- Use the busy record from the new "busy" module, moved from the sscan module.
- Support parallel make (make -j).
Release 1-5 (1-Feb-2008)
- Added new PV, Armed. Armed changes from 0 to 1 when the Pilatus is ready to accept
trigger pulses after Acquire has been set to 1. This PV should be used by clients
that are going to cause trigger pulses to be sent to the Pilatus to indicate when
it is OK to start sending the trigger pulses. There was previously no way to know
when the Pilatus was ready to accept trigger pulses.
pilatusROI waits for the "15 OK" response from camserver to the acquire start command
before setting Armed=1. This requires camserver 7.2.70 dated January 31, 2008 or
later, because earlier versions did not wait to send the 15 OK response until the
detector was ready to accept triggers.
Release 1-4 (9-Jan-2008)
- Added new PV, Gain. This is used to control Vrf, which selects both the shaping
time and the gain of the input amplifiers. The shaping time/gain selections are
Fast/Low, Medium/Medium, Slow/High or VerySlow/Ultrahigh. This value is sent to
camserver in the SetThreshold along with the Threshold energy. It is done by the
SNL program, because 2 PVs need to be combined into a single command and this is
more difficult to do with the stream device. Thanks for Beat Henrich for pointing
out the need to add this.
- Fixed a race condition in the SNL program. Previously it was possible for the
Acquire PV to be set to 1 again (typically in a scan) before the SNL program was
ready for that to happen.
Release 1-3 (8-Jan-2008)
- Added new acquire mode, MultipleTrigger. This mode requires the firmware version
that Dectris released in late 2007 (version 1215?). Multiple trigger mode takes
one exposure of the programmed exposure time on each falling edge of the external
trigger input signal.
- Added new PV, ThresholdEnergy, to control the energy threshold of the Pilatus.
Being able to set this value from EPICS means that there is no longer any need to
run TVX, everything can be done through EPICS.
- Added EPICS sscan records to allow the EPICS IOC to scan EPICS PVs. In particular
this is very useful for scanning the ThesholdEnergy PV to make sure that it is set
correctly for the energy of the x-rays in use.
- Changed the prefix of PVs in the example IOC from GSE-PILATUS1: to PILATUS:.
- Fixed spelling of ReadTiffTimeout in pilatusROIDoc.html.
- Changes in the camserver protocol required the following changes:
- Changed all of the response numbers on expected responses (e.g.14 OK becomes 15
- Changed the white space in many of the expected responses.
- Changed the input terminator from \n\030 to \030.
- Force NExposures (number of exposures per frame) to be 1 in all modes except External
- Released an enhanced version of the IDL epics_image_display source code and .sav
file for the IDL Virtual Machine. The new version preserves zoom and intensity scaling
when new images are displayed, and adds new controls for autoscaling, zoom, and
display direction. It can be obtained in the
GSECARS imaging software.
Release 1-2 (17-Aug-2007)
- Minor changes to allow building on win32-x86 and cygwin32-x86.
- Major bug fix when running on big-endian machines. Needed to byte-swap in read_tiff.
- Print specific error if read_tiff times out because of file time stamp.
Release 1-1 (11-Jul-2007)
Suggestions and Comments to:
Mark Rivers : (firstname.lastname@example.org)